Friday, November 21, 2008

Mild Contractions and Talking progress

So since like 2 days ago I've been having mild contractions. Enough to take my breath away but nothing big and close enough together to make me think he's coming soon. That may change here soon but we'll see. I lost my mucus plug I think (I know gross) and that's what started it all. I hope it picks up and we can have him before Thanksgiving. I may even go for a walk here in a bit to see if it changes anything.

Gavin is making some good progress with his talking, thanks to a lot in part because of Austen and Tanner, his older cousins and Thomas the Tank Engine. He copies the boys all the time and is picking up lots of words and sentences and then he watches Thomas once a day and memorizes a lot of what they say, it makes me laugh because when he's playing with his trains he narrates his own stories and its fun to listen to. I took a video of him singing along to his favorite song in the video "The Great Discovery." I get these songs in my head and it just about drives me nuts but he's happy so I am too. I was sitting here checking my e'mail and Gavin was over by the tv wanting something, I asked him what he needed and he said "Mommy, watch Thomas Please" which shocked me and my mom has talked to a speech therapist at the school she works at and they said 3 word sentences at 3 is good so it encourages me a lot. Here's the video, he doesn't quite know all the words but sings along anyway lol. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Erin said...

SOOOOO cute!! He's definitely on his way - now hopefully he won't revert when Rowan finally arrives! :)

Speakin of which, that would be SWEET if he came while I was there - but AFTER we do your maternity pics! lol

Jenny said...

Has your baby come yet? Daniel can't wait to meet him. He asks me about him everyday.