Saturday, October 3, 2009

Driver's License AKA the bane of my existance.

So I made the decision a week or so ago to go and get my learner's permit to drive before my test voucher expired and I passed. I've made the decision that it's not scary anymore. In fact I think I felt more nervous for the written test then the actual driving. Since getting it, Spencer has become the passenger when we drive around town which is nerve wracking but good at the same time. It means I can get in as much practice as possible but at the same time my husband isn't the most patient person at times so I get nervous. I have a hard time changing lanes, there's a lot to remember when doing this maneuver and I'm working on it. My biggest problem is making sure I keep the wheel straight while I shoulder check, then when I see no one is there I try to change lanes too quickly and end up turning the wheel too far and too fast to get into the next lane. Hopefully with a little more practice I will get the hang of it. I'm hoping to have my license sometime before the end of the year so that if we are able to we can make a road trip to see my nephew be baptized in the beginning of January. This entails driving for 10 hours or so to Montana and Spenc is usually the only driver which can get tiring, I want to be able to take a shift if you would and help by driving half of the way. Here's hoping, wish me luck! I will have it this time!

No comments: