Sunday, December 21, 2008

It doesn't show signs of stopping...





Last night we were snowed in at my mom's house. I had decided I wanted to hang out at their house because my little sister Chelsea was flying in and they were going to get her from the airport yesterday afternoon. They headed up there in the snow and ice and made it with a little difficulty to pick her up all the while I stayed at their house with the boys (Austen, Tanner, Gavin and Rowan) just to save them from having to take the van which has not so good brakes and Shannon's car has 4 wheel drive. It took them a while to get home but they made it safe and sound but the snow hasn't stopped since it started a couple days ago. Spencer worked until 8pm last night and when he finally arrived at their house we thought about it and decided to bunker down here for the night last night because the roads were scary and our parking lot in our apartments would've been insanely full of snow. At this point though it doesn't show signs of stopping and I hate to take over the bedroom upstairs again from Chelsea but I dunno if we are going home again tonight. We shall see what its like. We haven't seen snow like this in years, its beautiful but dangerous. As our favorite radio station calls it, its Winterocalypse 2008! Hope everyone else is safe and warm with this crazy weather, can't wait to go play in it tomorrow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!




2 comments:

Jenny said...

The snow was OK for the first day or two, but I was getting really annoyed by it by day 3 because I couldn't go anywhere. It was very pretty, but I am not even patient enough to sit in a car forever while someone else drives me through the crazy unplowed mounds of snow/ice.

I didn't realize it until I got back to Albuquerque yesterday, but I hadn't seen the sun for 2 1/2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

That was unbelievable snow in the north west this year! How crazy. In Vancouver we had almost 3 feet and set a record for the most snow the city had since the 60s. Crazy.