Thursday, December 18, 2008

Two boys, no time or energy ugh!

Ok Ok I know i just had a baby like 2 weeks ago or so but I feel like the biggest slob in the world. First let me say I have no excuse because we got snow yesterday and I've been stuck in the house with the kids while Spencer works 12 hour days so I could've cleaned already and made the house look nice mostly so I feel better but I just have no energy or drive to do it. I wish I did! It seems it took me a week or so before the adrenaline from giving birth to wear off (don't know how this is possible) but now I'm exhausted! Part of my issue is I wish we still had our washer/dryer that the apartments make us rent. We really really can not afford to pay for one and can't really afford to buy one atm so laundry piles up and we can take it to parent's houses but it only lasts a couple days before its piling up again seeing as I have two sets of diapers to change and accident inevitably happen ie. Rowan is a quick draw and seems to pee on a couple sleepers, Gavin on the occasion will pee through (I need to potty train but also don't have the energy). So I look around at my messy living room, my disheveled bedroom and my downright ridiculous bathroom and am now determined something must be done! I am going to buck up and do some cleaning even if its only one room at a time as I have some energy it will be done! I mean that's one of my job descriptions as a stay at home mom right? I know I can hear you SAHMs laughing at me because I know your houses aren't perfect but sheesh you'd scream and run if you saw this place. So I resolve to have this place clean, I will post pics later if it actually happens because who doesn't want to show off a nice clean house? If it does happen then I will try and put up the christmas tree I'm a slacker there too, the key word is TRY. Ok off we go!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

It's okay; you should still be relaxing since you just had a baby. As long as the kids are happy, it's all good.

But seriously, it's easy to say that to others, but it's hard to do. I'm never really relaxed when my house looks like hurricane Jenny hit it. It would really be hard not to have a washer and dryer with 2 kids. But, still, just try to relax.

I'm in town now; you should call or something. My cell is broken, so call my folks or e-mail.

Erin said...

Ahhhhh... the 2 child revelation. I remember thinking after Evan was born "He is only 1 of the 4 of us, shouldn't the laundry only increase by 1 quarter?" OH NO! It doubles!!

I would seriously try to poke even a few pennies away for the next little bit & see if you can't get even a small stacking washer & dryer.

It will save a small piece of your sanity & trust me, a small piece at this point is a LOT! LOL :)