Saturday, January 17, 2009

I had a good day

So today was the 1rst annual Gifford Family Snowman party. My best friend Leahona and her husband Jacob put together this fun open house at their place and I decided to bundle up the kids and walk over to their house because Spencer was working. What a fun get together. We had pin the nose on the snowman, all the food was white and some people brought their favorite white foods. My personal favorite was the "Melted Snowman Soup" which was potato soup with a carrot and two raisins floating in it. Gavin and I had fun being social seeing as lately I've been a home body and I don't have many friends so taking the opportunity to meet and hang out with people from our ward was fun. I was the last to leave of course (I always tell them to kick me out whenever but of course we end up chatting until its really time for me to leave.) I noticed it getting dark and had to head home. Gavin passed out just before we left and woke up when we got home so it made for a nice quiet walk home with both boys sleeping.

For those of you who know me I'm a big dork and play world of warcraft every once in a while and so when I got home we made dinner and I got the opportunity to play a little. Gavin climbed into my lap and was watching Spongebob while I played but snuggled up under a blanket with me. Rowan started to fuss so I grabbed him too and pulled him up under the blanket. The 3 of us snuggled and warmed up while I kind of browsed the internet seeing as my hands were full of kids so I couldn't play anything. Shortly after Gavin had to go to bed but I sat with both my boys in my arms and felt truly blessed for such sweet boys. Gavin can be a handful at times but compareatively he really is a good little boy. Rowan so far is a really really really mellow baby and barely ever gets upset (this could change I know but so far he's 6 weeks and is really a good baby *knock on wood*). I am handling things with two so far ok, just need to get into the swing of things. I am learning to get a shower means getting up early and mastering the 3 minute shower. If not then it just doesn't happen and I end up staying in my pjs all day. I've also learned that having a baby at least in my case, makes your hair curl. Quite foreign concept to me seeing as my hair has been so straight for forever that any curl is like what the? I think back to when I was having the worst of my troubles getting pregnant with Gavin and it seems so long ago. Gavin just turned 3 on the 5th and in my head I kept thinking "you can't be that old already can you?" at the same time I'm sure when Spencer turned 31 on the 11th he was thinking the same thing about himself "you can't be that old already can you?" lol. Time flies when you're having fun I just wish it would slow down sometimes like it did this evening when both my boys still fit in my lap, someday sooner then later they will be too big to hold and I will remember today fondly.

No comments: