Tuesday, January 20, 2009

That Four Letter Word . . .

I know what you guys are thinking, omg she's gonna swear! Well in my household it is a swear word in fact I have a saying "Diet is one letter off from Die" yes the word is DIET. My sisters and I have decided to go fully into weight loss mode together this year. Made our own Facebook group to cheer each other on and put up our lovely (horrific) "Before Pics" like the infomercials (and no one will ever see them except my sisters because they are terrible). Up until this point I hadn't been able to do anything because I'm breastfeeding and I wasn't 6 weeks post partum yet. I've surpassed the 6 week point and decided there's no time like the present to start. I started my diet or "lifestyle change" as we're calling it, yesterday. Ok so I know the change is supposed to be good for you but midway through the day I hadn't even been eating different for a WHOLE day and the cravings hit! Oh man it was brutal. I am what you call a "bored eater" and I hit the sweets when I am mad or sad or just all around in a mood. I had a situation with our pediatricians office and was so ticked off because we had to push back Gavin's 3 year appointment until February 13th and that's when it hit me.

Seriously I was so mad! I sat at my computer and started to crave chocolate or ice cream and it was so bad! Because I was mad my body was trying to get me to eat something sugary for comfort. It got to the point where I went into the kitchen and got me a healthy snack, Pretzel sticks and a fat free chocolate pudding cup, which didn't really help I mostly got mad at the pretzel sticks like they were hindering my eating something sugary. I tried the pudding cup thinking oh man its chocolate so it's got to help squelch this craving. Nope it wasn't enough apparently to make it go away. Needless to say though I resisted the urge. My mom said it takes a few days until the cravings start going away but somehow I think its going to be more then that. C'est La Vie, I'll just keep on keepin on, wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're craving sugar, make a fruit smoothie! Tim and I drink these babies every single morning. We get the frozen fruit from the grocery store and then mix in OJ and soy milk for the liquid and oatmeal for an extra something.

If you want to get really crazy, put in some plain (or not so plain yogurt) and honey. This will give you a healthy sweet fix!

Good luck darling! You can do it!

Yoga and dance classes work really well for sweating off pounds, too.