Saturday, March 21, 2009

Diet / Me Update

Hello my lovely fellow bloggers. Sorry I've been MIA for so long, I swear this whole two kid thing is way more complicated than I thought I am finally starting to get into the swing of things with these guys. Gavin is talking more and getting more and more defiant (did I really want him to talk?) He is sweet as ever though and loves his brother for now until he can move around and starts taking Gavin's toys, Rowan is still a good little brother and baby in Gavin's eyes. Diet Update: I've gotten used to the whole diet change and enjoy how I feel now that I'm eating healthier. I've lost about 34 lbs since I had Rowan which is nice, I feel I've hit a plateau though with diet change being the only thing I've done, I need to start exercising which isn't so much fun. With the weather being the way it has been (ie. Snow, Sun, Rain, Hail and Wind all in one day last week) I don't think its gonna happen very much but I will TRY to get some walking in.

Rowan had his 2 month appointment last week and is 14.5 lbs and 95 percentile for his head size (that's a big noggin) but he's doing well and survived his first attack of the needles. I am not a fan of the needles thing and we usually switch off when we do immunizations who gets to hold him during the deed but Daddy had to work that day so I was stuck with the chore of comforting the poor guy when it was all over. Since that day he has found his voice and cries a lot louder, coos a lot louder and can be heard a lot better then before. Nothing like a stick in the leg to make you scream bloody murder (which my sister said wasn't even that loud and to count my blessings he's a quiet baby).

Before and After the Shots : Sleep = Baby Defense Mechanism




























I took on the task of making some doll clothes for my neice Ariel's 9th birthday. Ariel has an American Girl Doll that she got for christmas, for those of you who don't know what that is its a very expensive beautiful type of doll that reminds me of a porcelain doll that isn't breakable but the clothes for them is quite expensive so I bought a couple patterns and took on the challenge. I was really pleased with the result and Miss Ariel was super excited so it made it all the better. She only has the outfit that she came with and a few "no sew" ones she made herself for Samantha. Here's what a few of the peices looked like when they were finished.
Last week we had my older sister Erin come down for a week and we enjoyed visiting with her while she stayed at my parent's house. Gavin and Evan had a blast playing with each other. They are only 4 months apart and don't get to see each other very often but when they get together it is pretty cute especially since they are both talking more now and interacting which is hilarious. One day we went over and Evan greeted Gavin with "Come gimme a HUG!" and they preceded to hug and run off playing.

We ended up one of the days against my better judgement going and eating at Macdonalds. We had lunch and let he kids play which was really quite comical because Evan got stuck at the top of the play place and couldn't get down or at least wouldn't because it was too high. Averie to the rescue! Climbing up and lifting her 3 year old brother down who wasn't much smaller then her and rescueing him from the top not once, but TWICE while her ice cream was melting. She even went to the top and helped a little boy named Isaac who did the same thing and his dad couldn't get him down. Good job Averie!


For those of you who know me I don't eat at Macdonalds! I got sick the last time I did and I really will not eat there again since this incident. We had decided to go there because they have a play place and the weather was sucky lately so we wanted to get the kids playing so we went. It was myself, Gavin, Rowan, Erin, Evan, Averie, Brynlea, Shannon, Tanner and my mom and Every single one of us except Gavin and Tanner got sick in some varying form. I had really bad stomach pains and headache. Others had puking, diareah etc. Needless to say their name is mud and we will never go there again.
We also visited Charlie's Safari while Erin and her kids were visiting for the same reason as above (Washington weather is lousy). I had never been to Charlie's Safari and it is the best place! Adults are free admission because we are supervising our kids and each kid costs aproximately 8 bucks to get in, we had buy one admission get one free so two kids cost 8 bucks to get in, in our case and you have access to 4 or 5 bounce houses, a huge play place with 4 or 5 slides, giant balls, basketball court and a smaller tikes play place for the littler kids. Best of all its big enough so the parents can go inside and play too! We let them go for hours and played too which was so much better then Macdonalds. So much fun.




Wow I've missed out on blogging about a lot of stuff. Hope this wasn't too long winded and the update was thorough enough to let you know we're doing pretty good. Hope all is well with you and I'll blog more when its not so late and I can think better maybe tomorrow. There is so much more to blog about!

No comments: