Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Leahona (Pinch, Pinch)

My best friend in the whole wide world Leahona Gifford (who will eternally be older then me by a whole 7 months HA HA) just had her 27th birthday on St. Patty's Day, which is how I always remember it because who forgets to wear green? Not me! I don't want some pinches thank you.
Every year when that happy day comes around I call up my friend and ask her what she wants or better yet what she NEEDS for her birthday. I say this because last year it was a pair of shoes which to some people is small but to her she was really hurting and it was simple so I got her some with pink laces and voila happy Leahona! Anywho this year we both have 2 kids and are crazy busy moms who never see each other ever except for short conversations at church exchanging milk and feeding babies (see next posting). This year she thought for oh, lets say, two seconds and then said "I want to go out with you to see a movie." I said "hmmm I think I can arrange for that" and we preceded to make a date to go see a movie on Saturday morning.

As luck should have it we both recieved the same phone call from our friend Jenny Bowles announcing she was in town with her family and they were to be sealed to their son Daniel whom they just finished finalizing his adoption on Saturday! (also see another post about that). Saturday was out, plus the movie we wanted to see was not playing anymore. We decided instead that we'd go see a late night showing of "He's just not that into you" which I must say is a cute and funny movie. What made me laugh the most though was we went to the 10:20 showing and in the middle of the movie we both started to nod off! I only dozed for a second but I looked over and she was out too lol. I poked her and was like dang it I paid 20 bucks to see this movie we're both going to watch it. The joys of babies and not being as young and spry as we used to be. Not to say we're old foagies or anything but children and husbands really do change the amount of energy you have to spare. I enjoyed the time out we took for ourselves even if that one little part in the movie was blacked out for a minute oh well obviously it wasn't that important.




Happy Birthday Leahona! (A Pinch to grow an inch, and a sock to grow a block as my mother in law says! Love Ya!)

1 comment:

Leahona said...

Thanks! You are such a great friend. I am so grateful to have you in my life. I had a blast at the movies. We have go to do it agian sometime... my treat!!