Sunday, March 22, 2009

Gettin' Domestic on ya

I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination but I've learned since changing my diet that cooking from scratch is A LOT healthier and better for you. I decided yesterday I was going to take on the task of making my own perogies. For those of you who have never had a perogie, oh man you have to try one at least once in your life. I have a very picky 3 year old who does not like vegetables and I can sneak veggies into these bad boys and he'll gobble them up with a bit of ketchup. Definately one of his favorite foods and mine too yum! What I didn't realize though when I took on the task was that it takes a long time to make when you haven't prepared the filling and everything beforehand. Yesterday it just didn't happen because I didn't have any sour cream for the dough. So tonight I started making them but waited til 6:30pm and it took forever! We had a very late dinner but I was so proud of my perogies I had to share. They had potato, cheese and onion filling and were ever so tasty. I will have to make them for friends or family next time I am over for dinner.


Gavin enjoying the meal, one of his favorites

The Perogies de la Stephanie, Voila!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh baby those sound good! you should definitely share your recipe :) and congrats on the shift in diet - i's amazing how much better we eat when we make our own food!

Jenny said...

Those look delish!! I never thought about eating perogies with ketchup. Is that common? Or does Gavin just put ketchup on everything?