Monday, September 8, 2008

Gift Cards!

Today Spencer and I decided to go spend my birthday gift cards. I got one from Barnes & Noble for $25 and one from Old Navy for $25 so we went to the book store first. I wandered and decided I wanted a really nice copy of The Chronicles of Narnia because I've been wanting to read it and haven't had the chance to in a while. Plus I figure it'll give me something to read for the next few months til this kid gets here.
Stop #2

Old Navy, now I know it was birthday money and I know I should've bought something for me but I have tons of maternity clothes (like more then one woman should have, I have enough for 3 pregnant women) so I didn't need anymore and I am not sure what size i'll be once I have Rowan so I don't want to buy normal size to have it not fit. AND Old Navy was having a baby sale 40% off all their baby stuff. I couldn't resist, they were calling to me! I got two outfits that I'm going to bring with me to the hospital for taking him home in, whichever fits best. They are so cute! Its making me more and more excited to have him. I am in the double digits for days left til my due date 97 days to be exact. I know I shouldn't be counting down already because it'll make it take forever but I can't help it!

We went to my mom's after shopping and getting a bite to eat and I spent the evening with them while Spencer worked a short shift. Gavin is getting over his awekwardness (sp) with everyone and his being shy and really starting to talk more. I hear him come out with new stuff all the time. The other day it was "here, take this" and he handed me something. He is an independant child and will play by himself. I wish I had my camera but I didn't. My mom and I were sitting at the table in the kitchen and we were watching him outside by himself in my sister Shannon's bounce house doing bum drops and jumping just by himself and having the time of his life. He was out there for an hour or so just playing and the only thing that got him inside was it was dark and the fact that Granddad went out and turned off the bounce house with him inside so he was done and came in. He is such a sweet boy and I call him my love bug because he's always just randomly coming up and hugging or kissing me or snuggling. I hope he stays this way. Well that was my day. Here's a couple pics of the coming home outfits for Rowan.




Outfit #1


Outfit #2


No comments: