Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Testosterone Levels Have Reached Max Capacity!

I am finding more and more that I am loving having little boys so far. Some days though I think the Testosterone levels are reaching their max capacity and I need some girlie time. I mean come on now, I even have testosterone in my womb, gimme a break! Yesterday our friend Jen Jakoubek was visiting from California for her step sister's wedding and she made time to come hang out in the late afternoon and (once the reception was over) late evening to visit with us. We were already having dinner with our neighbor AC and so we invited her to come back to our house and we all just sat and talked for a while comparing "girlie stories" as Spencer called it. At one point it was an all out Estrogen fest which I needed clearly with all the men in my house (our cat is the only other female and she is in love with Spencer and Gavin and could care less about me).

I looked over at Spencer and he was sitting on the couch eating ice cream with this glazed over look in his eyes. I said to him "Hey honey? Are you enjoying listening to our girlie fest?" The reaction had us busting up, the basics of it was "Well, at this point to make this whole thing more girlie we'd have to be watching Steel Magnolias and crying while painting each other's toenails. If there was any more estrogen in my house at the moment I think my "manhood" would shrink up into my body and I'd grow boobs and a vagina" He was wishing he could just be a fly on the wall instead of the only man in the room.

It was a refreshing change to what usually goes on in our house. Most of the time Gavin and Spencer are on the floor wrestling or Spencer and his two buddies are playing shoot em up games with the volume too high and I'm hiding in my bedroom watching chick flicks by myself. Thank you ladies I needed a little bit of estrogen in my house for once.

No comments: