Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Job

Spencer started his orientation at his new job today. He has been out of work since the 12th of September and a good friend of ours found him a job working with developmentally disabled adults as their aid. Its interesting, the first few days he was home he just about drove me nuts and now that he's back at work all day I am kind of lost with nothing to do. Makes me realize how much he does for me and how much I enjoy his company.

Ok so I'm going to put this in writing and whoever reads this (if anyone does) needs to hold me to it because I have had the worst attitude in the past about it. I am going to get my license before this baby comes. I know I've said it for the past what? 5 or 6 years but I need to. Spencer is going to be working 12 hour days at this new job and I don't think I could stand staying at home that long by myself without being able to go somewhere. I have less than 11 weeks to do this so I'm on a time crunch before this baby gets here so bug me about it til I do it please!!!!

Ok with that said, I hope this goal actually happens. Deiter F. Uchtdorf in his talk at the Relief Society Broadcast said that some people's struggles are the fear of failure . . . . that's pretty much me every time I think about taking the driving test but I know I have to get over it and do it and will be so much happier when I do. Wish me luck in this goal.

2 comments:

Erin said...

2 tips:
- Purchase a small package of driving lessons (like 3-5 lessons) to have them teach you the tricky stuff & get a package that includes taking the test at the end. If anyone else teaches you, you learn their bad driving habits AND the instructors know what the testers are looking for. It's totally worth the $100 or whatever.
- I failed my first time. I'm still a good person (I think :)) AND a decent driver! Try not to connect it so closely to your value as a person. You are great whether you have to take the test once, twice or whatever (but you won't if you follow tip #1) Love ya!

Shannon said...

There is nothing to fear, if you fail it is not a permanent failure like you CAN'T EVER HAVE IT. No buzzer goes off or alarm sounds that you failed. You just practice what you did wrong and go do it again. Or you practice and do it and PASS. I was nervous when I had to do it after ten years of driving, but I passed and no problems. You will enjoy the freedom it gives you, GO FOR IT!