Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tag I guess I'm it?!

Ok I am supposed to write 7 things you may not know about me....oooh tough one seeing as most of the people who read my blog (that I'm aware of) know a lot about me, heck I grew up and was birthed by most of them lol, well only one birthed me but yeah . . . . Anywho . . . .


1. Growing up I was really Shy . . . I know hard to believe but apparently according to my mom it bordered on being rude because I wouldn't talk to anyone. I would hide behind my parents and not talk. It wasn't until High School that I kind of came out of my proverbial "shell."


2. I love to draw, in fact I drew a mural on my bedroom wall in the last house we lived in, in Canada. It was one of the selling points of our house at the time, there was a little girl who loved it and wanted it for her room. It was disney characters and my dad allowed me to paint it when he discovered I had drawn on the wall and was actually quite good.


3. I was Frenchy in my High School Musical's version of Grease. I switched off nights with another girl and my mom was the hairdresser for our production and she made a pink wig for me. I had teased hair and actually smoked herbal cigarettes for acting purposes of course.















4. I took 3 years of Japanese in high school. Now don't get me wrong I am far from fluent, I actually understand more then I speak. Its fun to understand some when people are talking in front of me too. I remember at one point, my cousin Jeremy married a Japanese woman and forgot I wasn't Japanese and asked me what time it was in Japanese and I answered her in English. The reaction was quite funny "Hey Shoko you know you just asked me what the time was in Japanese right?" "oh I did?! woops, and you understood me?" "yep I am learning it in school".


5. I love to Jive! I know #3 made it a lot easier to learn how to Jive Dance but I am afraid I'm not as light on my feet as I used to be. I went on a couple dates with a guy named Ben who took me to a little club downtown in Olympia that had Jive Dancing and it was for all ages no drinking once a week. I went on a date with him one night and by the end he thought I was going to die because I get overheated really easily, my face gets red but it was a blast! Unfortunately my husband is a good dancer but not as coordinated enough to learn to Jive. We'll stick to techno music and rave dancing lol.




6. My mom pretty much picked out my husband. Now I know what you're thinking, how is this possible? Yes its true AND he served his mission in Canada but not where I am from so we met here in Olympia. My mom will deny this up and down and claims she doesn't remember this but I swear to you every time she'd come home she would tell me she saw him at an activity and that I would really like him, he's totally my type yada yada. He had just gotten off his mission and was 4 1/2 years older then me, I was 18, and anyone my mom picked out of course was not my type. I saw him at church while sitting next to my mom on the couch and told her I thought that guy was cute and her reaction was "THATS Spencer Beard!" we met and the rest is history.


7. I have a birth mark on my shoulder that is in the shape of an "S." My older sister noticed it and pointed it out to me. I joke that my freckles are trying to spell out my name and just haven't finished yet. Spencer says I was branded for him apparently. Either way its a weird coincidence/ oddity.

An actual picture of my birthmark weird no?




Ok TAG, Mom, Chelsea M, and Jenny B you're it!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hey,
I just discovered your blog yesterday, so I'm going to have to take some time to catch up on your life. I thought maybe you were only on myspace or facebook or something. Anyway, I added you to my reader and so hopefully I'll know when Rowan is born.
We'll have to get together during the holidays - we'll be at different locations in the area from the 13th to the 29th.

Hope your baby comes soon and safely.