Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jonny Jump up you are now my new best friend!


We decided it was time to buy a Jolly Jumper or as this one is so nicely named Jonny Jump Up. Rowan has started to want to stand and bounce but my arms and anyone else's can only hold up 15 lbs for so long before they need a break, in which he gets mad and starts crying. My sister said he'd probably love one so I went and bought one because I figured its cheaper then buying an exersaucer and it takes up less room in our apartment, always a bonus. He ended up loving it and its my new way of getting some time to do housework and wear him out for naps at the same time, two purposes in one!
When we were moving, our single bachelor friend Kelsey made the comment, "Do you guys think you have enough contraptions to cage a baby?" ha ha. We have a jonny jump up, baby pea pod, carseat, high chair, bumbo, crib. It made me laugh because I said to him well, not really my sister has what her kids affectionately call "The Baby Cage" which is this contraption . . . .The Super Yard XT!


Which not only keeps baby out of everything else but also protects her one year old daughter from her siblings. Although I've seen on many occasions when all three of her kids are in the baby cage playing with baby toys lol. Kelsey replied that's all you need then get rid of the rest and get the baby cage and have baby POW's forever more ha ha. I don't think there would be enough room in my living room for that thing though so we probably won't end up with anything like that any time soon.

3 comments:

Erin said...

LOL! Ya, don't forget I didn't get a super yard until I had THREE kids. The needs change as the numbers go up :)

finding_ac said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...

Rowan is such a cutie! I think you need to move to MI, so they can become best friends. I'm glad the Johny Jump-up has relieved some stress in your house. Daniel liked his, but only if we sat in the hall and watched him jump; not really helpful for me when I needed to be putting laundry away, moving around the kitchen, etc. But I guess it was a new experience for him.